Thursday, October 1, 2009

Our Sweet Little Lady

Today is Emma's 1st birthday! This past year has just flown by and it's hard for me to even picture her as anything other than a baby. I remember being pregnant and just KNOWING she was going to be a girl. I bought her first bow before I had my first ultrasound and ordered her PINK bedding with her name embroidered on it before we even had confirmation from the doctor that she was, in fact, a girl (Jay wasn't too happy about the trust I put in my 'gut feeling', but luckily for me, it was right on)!

Emma is such a sweet little thing and loves following Truett around. She's definitely more serious than Truett EVER was, but as she's gotten older, she's started loosening up a bit. :) Her read hair has stuck around, and has even started to curl a bit. When I was pregnant, I would ask Truett what he thought his baby sister was going to look like and he'd always say, "She's going to have pink hair and green eyes." We thought that was so funny, especially once she was born and out came this little redhead that we NEVER expected!!! :)

October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
Emma-
You have brought so much joy to our family. Being the first granddaughter on both sides of our families, you have introduced us all to the world of pink and frilly! We have enjoyed every second of loving you and watching you grow. I can't wait for this next year and look forward to the many tea parties and pigtails to come!!! We love you, Emma!

post signature

No comments: