Sunday, April 5, 2009

Flip Flops and Crawfish and Vows, Oh, MY!

Jay and I celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary today. I know 6 years isn't necessarily a long time in 'wedding years', but it sounds long to me, being that it seems like it was yesterday that we were getting married.

Before I get into how we celebrated, just a quick 'recap' of our wedding...it'll clear up the title of the post for those of you who might not get it.

Jay and I were married at Central Park in Lewisville, surrounded by our family and closest friends. Neither Jay nor myself have ever been big on formal affairs so we decided to take a more casual approach to our wedding. I wore a white blouse with white capri pants and wedding flip flops. Jay wore khaki pants and a black button-up shirt with black flip flops. All of our friends and family wore shorts, flip flops, sandals, etc... I remember when I told my mom what I was wearing she said, "Twenty years from now, are you really going to want to look back at wedding pictures of you in flip flops?" It's been 6 years so far, and I LOVE it! :)

Emily (my sister) was my Maid of Honor

Jim (Jay's brother) was his Best Man

We also wanted to do something that was fun and a little more casual as far as the reception was concerned, too. We all agreed that the only appropriate thing would be to have a big crawfish boil! Once the ceremony was over, in lieu of a fancy sit-down dinner reception, everyone enjoyed boiled crawfish, corn on the cob, and potatoes.

Our wedding cake: tiered cupcakes...YUM!!!!!!

The groom's cake: Jay's favorite...cheesecake

Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Jay Praytor

It was such a great celebration that we were (and still are) so thrilled to have shared with family and friends.

The night of our wedding, we stayed at the Embassy Suites in Grapevine on the top floor. We didn't get much sleep that night, but not because of any typical 'wedding night behavior' :) The night we got married, was the same night of one of the biggest hail storms in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. All night, we could hear the golfball-sized hail bang against the window on the balcony and the glass rooftop of our suite! We were really lucky, though, because it wasn't until after we had left the park that the storm blew in. They always say it's good luck if it rains on your wedding day...I guess it's even better if it hails!!!!!!!!

Sooooooooooo, this weekend, Jay and I decided to have a low-key celebration. We brought the kids to my parents' house and headed off to dinner at Bob's Chop House. We had a wonderful meal, although at that stage in our life, any meal that is uniterrupted by potty breaks, pacifier searches or diaper changes is wonderful...even a burger from Micky D's! :)

After dinner, we contemplated checking out the nightlife, and probably should have, but we opted to get a good night's rest of uniterrupted sleep. In memory of our wedding day, we chose to spend the night at the Embassy Suites, again. It was so nice to be able to rest without worrying about whether or not the kids were going to wake up. So nice, in fact, that we were both WIDE AWAKE at 6:30 a.m.!!!!!!!!!!! BOOOOOOO! hahahah!

We enjoyed a quiet breakfast together and then headed off to Mass before picking up the kids.

Next year, we may not remember how we celebrated our anniversary, but I know we'll never forget our wedding day. It was the perfect day and I am I so thrilled to spend the rest of my days with Jay.

Jay - I love you more today than I did yesterday and I'll love you more tomorrow than I do today. Thank you for the best 6 years of my life (so far), for our two sweet, precious babies and for asking me to marry you. I love you. Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!
post signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ahh, how cute. I can't let Matt read this or he will be wondering why I am not as sweet. 6 years!! Go Praytors!