Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy Birth/Circus/Western Day!

Being that I haven't really blogged about March and we're now heading into April, I figured I'd recap last month in one blog.

Here are some pics from my birthday party at my mom's house. My mom had called Jay and gave him 1 of 3 options for my birthday:
1. We could do a family birthday dinner at her house with all of us.
2. She and my dad could watch the kids while Jay and I went out to dinner.
3. Sarah could watch the kids while Jay, my parents and I went out to dinner.

After thinking about it, I chose option 1 because Truett is so into birthdays right now, I didn't want to leave him out.

So, we went over to my mom's. My dad made YUMMY lasagna and we had chocolate birthday cake...always a favorite!

No need to worry about the blazing fire on the cake...it was just the candles!
Everyone singing the Birthday Song (except John Daniel, who apparently was playing on my iPhone at the time...THANKS! :) )
Sarah and I
Truett and Aunt Emily enjoying some cake
John and Dan
Mom and Emma
Emily cleaning the kitchen. I'm not in the picture because it was my BIRTHDAY...no cleaning for me!!! :)
Truett's school has Western Days every year. They usually have a petting zoo, train ride, campfire, etc...The kids all dress in rodeo-wear (we are in Texas, after all). Here are a couple of pics of Truett before school that day.
Picture #1: Truett's pose when I say, "Let me get a picture of you in your outfit."
Picture #2: Truett's pose when I pretended to cry and be so sad because he wouldn't let me take his picture.
Don't judge me...it worked! :) hahahah!
We also, for the first time, took a family trip to the circus. Jay's mom and dad came along, too. Neither Jay nor I had been to the circus since we were kids, so we were pretty excited about going.
As soon as we walked through the entrance of the circus, there was a tent with three HUGE elephants just hanging out. Truett, at one point, was obsessed with Dumbo and then moved on to being obsessed with The Jungle Book. When he saw the elephants, he yelled, "O-M-GEEEE!"
Truett catching a glimpse of the elephants, up close and personal
Emma enjoying her time at the circus, taking it all in
Dancing poodles...one of the many typical acts at the circus
I've saved my favorite part for last...So, during intermission and after the show was over, they offered camel and elephant rides. Jay got in line and bought tickets for he and Truett to ride the elephant together. Truett was so fired up about...not so sure I can say the same for Jay! :)
There was another dad who had braved the elephant ride for the love of his kids, so while they rode, Truett and Jay stood in line, waiting their turn behind 5 other kids. The guy in charge started loading all of the kids onto one elephant, which I was happy about because when I saw he had only put the dad and his 2 kids on by themselves, I thought we'd be waiting forever for each of the 5 kids to take their own turn. I was also pretty excited because I figured it meant that Jay and Truett would get to ride by themselves.
Well, next thing I now, the guy is motioning for Jay to bring Truett up and Jay says that he's riding too. The guy keeps motioning for them to go up, so it ended up being Jay and Truett and the 5 other kids on this elephant...TOO FUNNY!
Not sure how soon we'll be heading back to the circus again, but it's always fun experiencing something with Truett for the first time. I guess we'll have to go again when Emma is older. :)

post signature

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I love the pics of Truett in his western wear, front and back! And I love that he will turn around and smile big if you pretend to cry and be sad! That has never worked with Olivia! :) We too went to the circus over spring break and I have to say that it is just how I remembered it, boring and a waste of money! ;) I think we'll stick to Disney on Ice from here on out!