Sunday, May 3, 2009

Easter Part 1

I've been sooooooo bad about keeping up with my blog, but it's pretty tough getting enough free time to update. So, here I am at 6:30 in the morning, blogging while the rest of my family sleeps! :)

I realized that I've never posted anything about our Easter this year, but I figured it's better late than never.

This year, we celebrated Easter the weekend before with The Praytors (hence, the title of the blog....get it?) hahahah! (Yes, I just cracked myself up) :) Anyway, we always celebrate the holidays the weekend before with Jay's family because then none of us have to 'rotate' holidays between parents and in-laws, etc.... It's really great, too, because there's usually always some sort of holiday-related event that takes place that weekend, so we get to enjoy that as a family. This year, we decided to go to the St. Ann's Easter Egg Hunt. I had never gone before, but I thought it would be fun for the kids. Plus, the Easter Bunny was going to be there....yay!

So, Jay, his parents, Dakota (Jay's nephew), Truett, Emma and I headed out to the church, only to discover that the hunt was over in about 2.2 seconds! We made it....barely. BUT, the kids did get a few eggs and had their picture taken with the Bunny. Of course, Truett is pretty laid back and was thrilled about the whole thing, regardless.

Truett and his Elmo Bunny Easter basket that Aunt Emily bought for him last year
Truett and his Papa
Dakota
Truett and I
Truett & Emma with the Easter Bunny
After our photo op with the Easter Bunny, we all headed back to Jay's parents for our our 'private' egg hunt and lunch. :) Truett loved looking all over for the eggs, but was so focused on what was inside the eggs, he'd find an egg, open it up, make a big cheer about what was inside, eat a jellybean or two, close the egg, put it in his basket, and then start searching again. He found 20+ eggs and did this with EVERY SINGLE EGG!!!!!!! :)

Find an egg....
Open it up and check out the surprise inside.....
Put it in the basket....
Repeat.....
After the hunt, we enjoyed a yummy lunch and an even yummier dessert....FRUIT PIZZA! I had eaten it before but had never made it, but thought it was so pretty, I couldn't resist taking a picture.
After lunch, it was time for naps, so Jay, Uncle Jim (Jay's brother) and Dakota all hopped in bed with Truett for a quick story before naptime.
So, guess who was the only one NOT paying attention to the story???? :)
Happy Easter! post signature

No comments: