Sunday, May 3, 2009

Kiddie Report

Here are a couple of random pics of Truett and a few quick stories about him and his little world.
- He was at my mom's a couple of weekends ago and while they were working out in the garage, they let Truett play in the car. He started blowing the horn and shouted, "Get outta the way, you freakin' lady!" Not necessarily a shining moment for Jay and I, but definitely too funny NOT to share!
- The other day, he said to me, "Mama, this is a conversation for you and me. You're impossible!"
- A couple of days ago, I had fussed Truett about something and he looked at me and said, "Don't talk to me that way. I bringed you into this world. I'm gonna take you out of this world."
- I found him in the kitchen the other day making a bottle for Emma....what a big helper, huh? :)
He definitely keeps us on our toes! He is so sweet and loving with Emma and very protective. He'll be 3 in June and I can see an obvious change in his behavior. He is still all boy and is truly testing his boundaries. He wants to do everything by himself and refuses help from anyone. I can see the terrible two's slowly making their way out the door, but feel that the three's are coming on strong with their very own set of challenges! :)
Here are a couple of pics and quick stories, or updates, of Emma:
- Emma is getting around pretty well. She hasn't started to crawl, but she gets from point A to point B with a quickness, in her own style of scooting.
- I initially thought she was going to be a picky eater, but I've come to realize that's not the case at all. When she's hungry, she EATS! Peas, squash, prunes and pears are some of her obvious favorites.
- We're still waiting for a tooth to pop out. She's drooling and chews on everything, but no tooth, yet.
- She's a lot more serious than Truett ever was, but still laughs and plays. She really likes to play Peek-a-Boo and will hold her hands up in front of her face to play....really cute! :)
- I'm thinking the blue eyes and red hair are here to stay! YAY! Some of her hair has fallen out and I thought that it was starting to grow back in brown, but the more it grows, the more it seems to be coming in red. I'm also not giving up on the possibility of curly hair. Truett was almost a year old before his curls showed up, so I'm thinking their may still be a chance for Emma. We'll have to wait and see.
She is such a sweet little addition to our family. I'm really looking forward to watching she and Truett together as she gets older. She LOVES to be held and rarely has a hard time finding someone to fulfill that wish....especially since she has just started reaching out for the person she wants to go with! :)

post signature

No comments: