Sunday, July 18, 2010

I Love Handy Manny!

We put our house on the market last week so we have spent the last couple of weeks getting our house ready.  One of the major projects was a repair to our hardwood floors.  There were a couple of damaged boards that needed to be replaced so our realtor had given us the name of a floor guy to call for an estimate.  While waiting for the guy to return my call, my AWESOME handy man of a hubby fixed the floors himself!

Here is the floor after Jay had pulled up the damaged boards.  I have to admit that staring at this, knowing that we were going to be trying to sell our house, was pretty scary! 
But, as USUAL, Jay pulled through and the floors looked great!

This may not be as impressive to some of you as it was to me, BUT, repairing the floors took place after he had already:

- Replaced 15 doorknobs throughout the house
- Rewired the doorbell
- Replaced the drain in our bathtub
- Tightened the light fixture over the sink

In the 7 years we've been married, we have never had to call a plumber, an electrician or a carpenter!   To say the least, I am DEFINITELY impressed!

Thanks for being so great, Jay!  I love you!!!

post signature

No comments: