Thursday, November 11, 2010

November 2010

It's almost a good thing that I'm having to play 'catch-up' as opposed to posting each event in a separate blog because my Thanksgiving post would be PITIFUL!  For some reason, I have only a handful of pics from Thanksgiving and we actually celebrated 3 TIMES!!!!

Thanksgiving #1:  Emily and Grace flew into Dallas the week before Thanksgiving.  Jay and I were the only ones who weren't in on the surprise and this was the picture that was texted to us to tell us they were in town.  We were totally confused, especially since Sarah was in the picture with them, but OBVIOUSLY completely excited!! 
My mom decided that since Emily wasn't going to be here for Thanksgiving, that we'd celebrate early.  We had a full Thanksgiving dinner, complete with turkey, all the sides and dessert.  YUM!

Grace enjoying her 'Thanksgiving Feast' 


Thanksgiving #2:  Our tradition with the Praytors is celebrating each holiday the weekend BEFORE the actual holiday.  This works out really well and is always a great way to kick off the holidays!

Here's the big ol' turkey that Jay fried. 
I LOVE the progression of the following pics.  I think it's so funny to see Jay slowly creep in and then eventually take over!  hahahah!

Mr. James starting the carving of the turkey....
Jay patiently looking on...I'm not saying he's judging his dad's approach, but....
AND...Jay finishing up the carving!  hahahahah!
Thanksgiving #3:

My awesome mom in the kitchen getting Thanksgiving dinner ready for the SECOND time!
Mom & Sarah
Emma & Nannie
Dan & Mom
My dad scored tickets to the Saints/Cowboys game on Thanksgiving Day.  Jay, John, my dad and my dad's friend, Bosco, all went to the game.  Jay didn't want to feel like a trader, so he sported his Cowboys t-shirt.  Of course, it was an easy choice since he wore a zipped up jacket over it and no one could see the pitiful shirt anyway!  WHO DAT!?  :)  BTW...for those of you who didn't know....THE SAINTS WON! 
My little Saints fans!
TAYLOR'S GIFT NIGHT

Jay and I took the kids to a Dallas Stars hockey game.  It was Taylor's Gift night (visit http://www.taylorsgift.org/ for more information) and Taylor's family was releasing the game puck at the opening of the game.

Emma enjoying the hockey game.



post signature

No comments: