Friday, July 25, 2008

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice


The results from my first glucose screening came back abnormal, so I had to go in for a 3-hour test. I was contemplating having donuts for lunch and candy for dinner just incase the final results came back abnormal, as well! Yesterday when I went in for the ultrasound, they told me my test results had come back normal, so I do not have gestational diabetes!!! YEAH! I guess that means no sugar binge for me. :)

The doctor did the ultrasound and measured Emma's little growing body. He said everything looks great and, based on her size, she's about 3 1/4 pounds and my due date moved up a week. Of course, that really doesn't matter at this point because October 3rd is my scheduled c-section...unless Emma plans to come out and play earlier than that. She is also breech at the moment, which also is not a big deal because I will be having a c-section anyway. Other than that, he said everything is on track. I now start going every 2 weeks. It's amazing how in some aspects of pregnancy, the days seem like weeks and in others, the time just flies by!

We had Emma's nursery painted last weekend and her furniture came in today. Jay will pick up her furniture this evening. I'm really excited about it because it will be one more thing to check off of the 'get ready' list. Also, it will give us the chance to put some final touches on Truett's 'Big Brother' room. It's a little overwhelming to try to decorate and create 2 rooms at once.

I went to the "parents' kick-off" at Truett's school this week. I'm really excited for him because he loves the interaction with the other kids. He learned so much last year just in the 2 days a week he was there. There is also a very good chance that he will have the same teacher he had last year, who also happens to be a dear friend of mine, so I'm also excited about that. Ultimately, we just pray that he will be in the class that is best for him. Hopefully his listening skills and table manners will improve this year! :)

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Great news about the glucose test. I always dread the results... I couldn't imagine living without my sweets, that's just about all I eat! It's time to post some pictures my friend!!! The entries are fun to read, but we want something to look at!!! :) - Shelley

Amy said...

I don't know how to leave pictures after each post. When I tried to post pictures, it put them all at the end of the first post I ever wrote...any suggestions?