Monday, January 19, 2009

Playdates Galore!

Truett, Emma and I had our first playdate at our house yesterday. I was so excited about it because I'm always looking for ways to keep Truett entertained.

My friend, Emily, has 2 kids, Siena and Andy, who are both only a couple of months younger than Truett and Emma. Emily...I guess I didn't get any pictures of Andy! I guess you guys will have to come over, again. hahaha!

Siena 'drinking and driving' :)

I worked with Emily years ago when we were waiting tables and bartending while in college. She actually lived in Europe for a while until her hubby finally wisened up and they moved back to the States! :)

My friend, Tracy, also has 2 kids...Jaydan who is 4 and Truett who is 1 1/2.


I student taught with Tracy when I was pregnant with Truett and then ended up being hired to teach on the same team with her the following year. By that time, she was pregnant and when she found out she was having a boy, she and her husband chose to name him Truett, too!

I invited Emily and Tracy over with their kids for lunch and 'playground time'. I thought it would be great to have the kids run around and play and it was give us a chance to have grown up conversations!

Emily and her crew showed up first. Truett was so fired up...a little too fired up for Siena's liking, though! I think he kind of scared her a bit, at first. Truett loves to give hugs and get right in your face, so you can imagine how a 2 year old little girl would feel about a 2 year old boy being this way with her the first time they meet. :)

Then, Tracy showed up with her kiddos and they made themselves right at home. Truett was so fired up to see an 'older woman' and was tickled by the fact that her little brother had the same name as he did! They all immediately ran out to the back to play.

I think Emma was bummed that she couldn't join in all the action...

but decided to make her own fun in the Exersaucer (a.k.a. 'The Neglect-a-tron')

They kids had lunch while Emily and I both fed our babies and once the kids were finished eating, they all headed back outside for more playing. It was really great because we were able to enjoy our lunch without any interruptions. Okay, maybe not without ANY interruptions, but at least with not as many interruptions as we usually get! That's when I realized how happy I am that Truett will not be an only child and as much as a treasure each moment with Emma and have times when I'm bummed out at how fast these 4 months have flown by, I am very excited about the day when Truett and Emma will be able to entertain each other! :)

After we finished our lunch, we headed outside for a bit to try to snap some pictures of the kids before everyone left. Setting four kids lose on a playground does not make for a very easy photo op, so we just settled for some action shots and a couple of 'this is the best we're gonna get' posed shots!





We had so much fun. I'm really looking forward to the spring weather to set in. I'm seeing many more playdates at our house in the future...let me know if you're interested!!! :)


























































No comments: