Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Happy Birthday....Say Cheese!

Okay, so it just dawned on me that I never posted about our birthday picture adventure! :) I may have mentioned it in Truett's birthday posts, but I can't remember, so if I'm repeating myself, sorry!

SEVERAL years ago, when John Daniel was a baby, my dad took all of us to Sears or somewhere to have our pictures taken as a surprise to Mom for Christmas or something. Well, it was such a nightmare trying to get John and Sarah (who was 4 at the time) to smile at the same time, that we never did that again! Thank God the picture turned out so cute! hahahah!

Well, a FEW years ago (pre- Truett and Emma), our church was printing out a church directory and Olan Mills was coming out to take professional portraits of each family. Mom and Dan saw that as the perfect opportunity to attempt another family picture. Yeah, well, it wasn't as NEARLY chaotic as the first attempt years prior, but the picture wasn't NEARLY as cute, either! Sarah has hated the way she looks in the picture since she saw it and has been begging my mom to take it down ever since. :)

This year, for my mom's birthday (which is 2 days after Truett's), Sarah had mentioned having our pictures taken as a surprise for her. Jay and I had already planned to take Truett for his 3 year pictures, so we thought it would be a good time to do it. I made the appointment and one afternoon, after Emily and Jay got off of work, we all headed to the photography studio. It was this big ordeal trying to get my brother and sister here without my mom finding out what was going on, but we managed it.

After our pictures were done, the photographer loaded them up for us to go through and choose which shots we wanted to order. This process is pretty long, only for the fact that so many pictures are taken, but all in all, it's pretty simple. Well, while we're going through the pictures, Truett is getting restless...okay, well, actually he had already reached that point and was passing it....BIG TIME! At one point, he was running all over the studio...LITERALLY, and had gotten a hold of a bottle of their hand sanitizer, which he proceeded to use to 'wash' every free-standing object in the studio! When were just about done, a MAJOR storm swept through, to the point that we thought we were going to have to 'duck and cover' at any moment.

Anyway, the storm had pretty much passed by the time the pictures printed out, so we got the pics and headed to out dinner. In the meantime, my mom had been FRANTICALLY calling all of us to make sure we hadn't been swept off to OZ, but none of us answered our phones because we didn't want her to know we were having pictures made for her. Sorry, Mom!!! :)
Needless to say, once again, I'm glad these pictures turned out because I don't think we'll be doing this anytime soon. :)

Here are just SOME of the pics we took-

The boys showing off their muscles
My sisters and I took this picture for the Gifted Sistas blog (www.giftedsistas.blogspot.com)
My brother, sisters and I

The whole clan
Truett's 3-year-old pictures



post signature

No comments: