Sunday, July 12, 2009

Truett's Surprise Attack

Yes...be afraid of the title...VERY afraid! So, it's been 2 weeks and I'm just getting around to blogging about this. It took me a whole week before I could even bring myself to take pictures, but, here it is....

A couple of weeks ago, I was unloading the dishwasher while Emma was taking her morning nap. Truett had been coming in and out of the house, playing, watching a show, etc.... The next thing I know, I hear Emma's bedroom door open, so I 'yell' (in the "I don't want to wake the baby" type of yelling voice that moms use) at Truett to get out of her room. Jay and I have been getting on to Truett because he likes to go in Emma's room and wake her up so he can play with her. Needless to say, we're not big fans of this AT ALL! :)

Anyway, I start heading into Emma's room, because by this time, she is laughing and giggling....she's awake. As I'm crossing the living room, Truett runs out of Emma's room and says, "Emma needed a haircut." I almost threw up right then and there!

I ran into Emma's room and there she was, standing up in her cribbing, bouncing, laughing, etc....with PATCHES of her precious, sweet, beautiful red hair missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Truett seemed to focus on the left side of her head. I'm thinking it's because she was sleeping on her right side and he couldn't get to it!
I run over to her and their are clumps of hair all over her bed! I IMMEDIATELY start BAWLING crying and freaking out. Not only does her hair look AWFUL, but I then start thinking about all the 'what if's'....What if Truett had cut either of them? What if he had stabbed her in the eye or cut her ear off? What if I'm having a nervous breakdown right now? :)

I call Jay, who doesn't understand why I'm so upset and suggests that we just shave her head. So, okay, I obviously had to get off the phone with him. So, I call my mom, who instantly understands why I'm so upset and who, I can tell, would be freaking out just as much as I was if she had not been at work.

Did I mention that the weekend before, I had just gone out and bought ALL NEW BOWS for her hair?? She had 'upgraded' to the bigger size bow, which are now obsolete. Not to mention the fact that I can't even put the little bows in at this point!
This was Emma sporting one of her new bows just a few days before the 'event'.
This is the place where her sweet little bows once called 'home'.
Lucky for me, God has blessed me with a sweet little girl who would still be absolutely beautiful even if I took her Papa's words of wisdom and shaved her head. My sisters say that on the positive side, at least EMMA doesn't realize what her hair looks like! :)
Her hair has started to fill in, but we are still bowless for the time being. I'm thinking about slipping her some prenatal vitamins in her bottle to help her hair grow faster! JUST KIDDING!!!

post signature

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Oh my goodness Amy! That is funny and scary all at the same time! I am wondering what Truett's reaction was to your bawling!? Was he like, "oh no, I've really messed up!"? She is still precious and will probably cut her own hair one day so you have that to look forward to! :)

Amy said...

Truett was pretty freaked out to see me so upset. He ran to his room and hid under his bed. He knew he had really messed up. I have had friends whose kids have cut their own hair before and I thought it was so cute and funny. I'm now thinking about sending out letters of apology to those friends. :)