Monday, June 30, 2008

More Wild Than Wet!





Truett won't be taking swimming lessons this summer...hahahaha! After meeting with the swim instructor last week, she said that there is nothing she can teach him that I couldn't teach him myself. He basically needs to work on his kicking...he marches under the water, so he doesn't go anywhere when he kicks. I knew that he wasn't going to be taught anything that I couldn't teach him, but I was curious to see if he'd be a little more focused with a swimming teacher as opposed to me. He tends to just jump in, get out, jump in, get out, etc....and play when he's in the pool with any of us. Yeah, apparently it doesn't matter WHO he's in the pool with, all he wants to do is PLAY! We'll continue to work on it and hopefully he'll learn a little more.

It's finally starting to feel like summer break around here. The first week school let out, we were SOOOOO busy...Truett's birthday, my mom's birthday, my in-law's anniversary, Truett's party, and Father's Day...ALL IN THE SAME WEEK! Next week is the annual July 4th parade in Coppell. We will be riding in the parade, again, promoting Jay's business. We're also going to Louisiana the following week to spend some time at the beach with my family. We are all so excited about doing these things with Truett this year. He seemed to have so much fun with the parade and going to the beach last year, we can only imagine how much he'll enjoy it this year. We're really looking forward to taking pictures and watching him have a blast. It'll be nice to get away with our family and just relax, too...well, relax as much as you can with a 2-year-old!

No comments: