Tuesday, June 24, 2008

There's a First Time for Everything!

I thought I'd share a new 1st for Truett. Yesterday, I was doing laundry and Truett was 'helping' me put the clothes away in my bedroom. I walked to the launry room to get the clothes out of the dryer, only to return to a closed and LOCKED bedroom door! I felt like some sort of SWAT team negotiator trying to talk Truett into unlocking the door. I wasn't sure, at first, that he even realized that he had locked the door.

After SEVERAL phone calls to Jay, even more attempts to find something that would fit in the hole to pop the lock and 20 minutes, I FINALLY got the door unlocked. All was well! I even made a quick phone call to my mom to share the 'funny little story' with her.

It truly is amazing at just how little credit we give our kids. The "he didn't even realize he had locked the door" theory was QUICKLY thrown out when I find the door closed and locked AGAIN! This time, it took me 30 minutes to unlock because the only tool in the house that worked was IN THE LOCKED BEDROOM!!!! I eventually had to take a hammer and hit the doorknob until the door opened.

The new rule in our house...NO CLOSING DOORS!

No comments: