Monday, June 23, 2008

Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?

So, Truett's new thing is that he HAS to have the 'bright light' on when he goes to bed at night...not to mention the 2 night lights on either side of his bed! Jay and I can't figure out what his deal is and if there is something that is causing him to be afraid or if this is just 'normal behavior'. He has a cross hanging over his door and he says that Jesus says, "NO MONSTERS!", but that just ain't cuttin' it for him.

It was a little humorous, at first, but the other night while I was reading to him, I told him that after we read, I was going to put him in his bed, but that I'd leave his door open and turn on the hall light. He said, "Ok, Mama. I not worry." WORRY? I'm starting to think that our 'used to be so easy' bedtime ritual has turned into a nightmare not because our child doesn't want to go to sleep but because he's so scared of the dark! :(

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! Until then, I guess it'll be 'lights on' at 'lights out' time in the Praytor house! :)

No comments: