Thursday, June 12, 2008

Truett is TWO!







Yesterday was Truett's 2nd birthday and we had such a great day! He slept until 8:00 and when he woke up, I asked him if he slept well. He said, "Yes! I sleep all night!" :)

He and I got dressed and headed off to have donut holes for breakfast. We met Jay at Eddie's Barber Shop in Coppell and Truett got a haircut. He LOVES seeing Mr. Eddie because after each haircut, he gives Truett a pack of Gummy Lifesavers! Truett sat very still and waited patiently while his hair was trimmed up. He was very excited about getting his gummies, too.

After his haircut, Truett and I went to Michael's to buy some paints and things to work on at home. Truett wanted to buy EVERYTHING he could touch. We finally agreed on some paint and some things he could work on for Father's Day.

We checked out and headed to my mom's house. No one was home, so we were able to work on our secret Father's Day gifts for all the dads. Truett LOVED painting, but needless to say, was more interested in squeezing gobs of paint out rather than actually painting. :)

After his nap, my parents and Sarah and John came home. Truett was thrilled to see them...as usual! He ran around the house chasing John, yelling at John, John chasing him, etc...

Last night, Jay and I took Truett to Chuck E. Cheese to celebrate his birthday. His party is on Saturday, but we still wanted to do something fun with him on his actual birthday. My sister, Emily, and her boyfriend, David, joined us...along with Jay's mom. TRUETT WAS PUMPED!!!

He played and played and was more interested in climbing up through the big hamster tubes than spending the 100+ coins we bought!!! hahahahaha!

Truett's on this new kick about salad. I'm so glad that he's eating veggies that I'm MORE than happy to accommodate! We had salad and pizza and lemonade. When Chuck E. came on the stage and started singing, Truett couldn't get enough. I thought his eyes were going to pop out of his head!

After eating, Truett was ready for round 2, so he played some more while Jay, Emily, and David tried to use up all the Chuck E. tokens we had. When all was said and done, we had won a total of 666 tickets. Truett went to turn in his tickets and chose a Chuck E. kickball, a lollipop and a rubber snake. When we left, I asked Truett if he had a good time and he said, "YES! I play all night!"

He passed out as soon as we got home!

No comments: