Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Day of School







Truett's first day of school was today. We woke up this morning and I made him some blueberry muffins and a banana for breakfast. He sat down at the table, took a couple of bites and then said, "Mama, I want to eat this breakfast at my school." After convincing him to eat a few more bites, we got dressed and ready for school. He was so excited and wanted to carry his own backpack to the car. He held it in his lap the entire ride to school. On the way, we saw a couple of school buses and both times he told me, "It's time for school. It's not too late." He must have overheard me telling Jay on the phone that we were going to be late due to all of the traffic! Anyway, we were not late to school, and in fact were the first ones there in the parking lot. I started to think that I had maybe gotten the dates wrong and that school didn't start until NEXT week, but other moms started pulling in shortly after.




When we got out of the car, Truett said, "Mama, put that backpack on my arms." I helped him get his backpack on and then he told me he wanted to carry his lunch bag, too. With his all his 'bags' in tote, he strutted into school like he owned the place! We walked to his classroom and he found his cubby with his name. In the short time it took me to put his folder and lunchbag in his cubby, he had taken off his backpack, hung it on his hook, and was playing in the room with the other kids! I kissed him goodbye and was off to enjoy a few hours to myself!




He is in Ms. Dorothy's 2-year-old class this year with Matthew, Ensley and Aubry. From what Ms. Dorothy told me today, he and Matthew are already 'best buds'. When I walked in to his room this afternoon, he and Matthew were jumping on each other and wrestling around on the floor while the little girls in his class were playing quietly with the wooden dollhouse...gotta love boys!





post signature

No comments: