Sunday, August 24, 2008

Ready to Wear

So Truett has reached the point in his life where he wants to make his own choices and decisions about EVERYTHING. The big thing he's in to right now is choosing what he wants to wear. Last week was a rainy week and while we were getting ready to head out for the day, I asked Truett which shoes he wanted to wear. He told me, "I need those boots to wear in the rain." 'Those boots' would be green, rubber, frog boots! I was a little hesitant because we were heading to McDonald's to meet Jay's mom (Gramma) and dad (Papaw) for breakfast, but I brought along his flip flops, thinking he'd be over the boots when we got to Micky D's. As we're heading out of the house, he says, "Mama, wait! I be right back." He halls off to his room and quickly returns wearing a wool ski cap! "I need that hat for that snow outside." Oh, really?

The following day, Jay took Truett with him to run some work-related errands and Truett said he needed his 'work boots'. Apparently, 'work boots' and 'rain boots' are the same thing, because out him came wearing his frog boots, again.
I'm okay with him expressing his individuality and making his own choices when it comes to wearing certain things, mainly because it's the summer and we've been playing and having fun. I'm a little nervous about those school days when he refuses to put anything else on. I may have to give the school a 'heads up' about his wardrobe!

By the way...he left the ski cap and boots on the entire time at McDonald's...what a trend setter!

post signature

1 comment:

Shelley said...

That is so cute, and funny!!! I love the boots and his desire to have his own opinion! Good luck, this is a daily battle with Olivia. I was really hoping with a boy it would be different! :) Guess we'll have to wait and see!