Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sleeping in Heavenly Chaos!

Naptime/bedtime with Truett is not always fun. He usually throws a fit and then hollers from his bed for 20-30 minutes that he, "Needs you to ___________." Fill in the blank with whatever, and I PROMISE, he's asked for it before! :)

Today was one of those rare and wonderful times when I told Truett it was naptime and he walked straight into his room and climbed into his bed without any complaining (don't be jealous, Jay!). I really think God was in my corner today because we had just come in from the grocery store (a whole separate story!) and Emma needed to be fed. Needless to say, I was thrilled when Truett went down on his own.


After feeding Emma, I walked in to check on Truett and this is what I found.

It cracks me up that he threw all of the gator pillows off of his bed to make room for the stack of books and the Elmo chair! Hey, if that's what it takes for him to go to bed without a hitch, I'm all for it!

Tonight, I put Truett down for bed and when Jay got home, he went in to check on Truett. He discovered, at bedtime, the same thing I had found at naptime. This time, Truett had a death grip on Elmo. I guess he was wanting to be sure that Elmo wouldn't get up and leave after he fell asleep like Jay and I do. :)



post signature

No comments: