Thursday, November 13, 2008

Too Sweet Not to Share

Today, when I went to pick up Truett from school I left Emma with Gramma (Jay's mom). When I got there, his class was having Circle Time and the teacher was reading a book to the kids about Thanksgiving. Truett saw me when I got there so I went in and sat with him while Ms. Gwen finished the book.

The whole time, Truett was cuddling up to me, holding my hand, putting his head on my shoulder...all of these things aren't necessarily scarce but definitely don't happen as often as I would like them to! My heart was melting because this usually playful and wild little boy was sitting quietly listening to a sweet story about Thanksgiving and loving on me. :)

At one point, he looked up at me with this excitement in his eyes and just whispered, "Is Emma here?" It was like he was so happy in the moment that he had forgotten that Emma existed and then, when he remembered that she DOES exist, he wanted her to be with us.

I guess I think it was such a sweet moment because I am constantly trying to think of ways that we can make Truett feel special and not like the first born who we're pushing out of the way. The whole time I was with him at school, I was thinking how great it was that he and I were there together and he was wondering where his sweet baby sister was...awwwwwe!!!! :)

post signature

No comments: