Monday, September 8, 2008

Coming Soon....

So, my doctor appointments are now happening every week, which is great because it means the end is near. Last week when I went, we scheduled my c-section for Wednesday, October 1st at 9 a.m. It's so funny because I am very nervous about a scheduled c-section for some reason. My thoughts are that when I had Truett, I didn't care what they did to me, because I figured anything was better than the awful contractions. I never felt the needles or IV's that they were giving me and all I knew was that whatever they had done was great, because it made the pain go away!


This time around, I'm going in feeling totally fine, no contractions, no pain, etc...so now I'm a little skeptical and nervous about all of the surgery prep that'll go on, mainly the spinal and epidural. My doctor is so great, though, because he answers all of my questions without giving me a "are you kidding me" look! I think he senses my fears, especially since I flat out told him I was freaking out about it :). He was very thorough in his instructions and also told me signs to look for so that I would know when to worry about calling him and when to not worry about it.


There are only 20 days until Emma gets here and the closer it gets, the slower time seems to move. I guess I'll have to start soaking up the extra time because that will no longer exist once our household has another family member!

post signature

No comments: