Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Nerves Got the Best of Me

I don't have pics to post with this blog, but wanted to give an update on Emma.

So, I called the doctor yesterday morning because I have been randomly checking my blood pressure to make sure all was well. The past few days, it's been higher than usual and at one point yesterday morning, it was 145/91 (fyi...normal is 120/80). I was supposed to have an appointment today, anyway, but they had me go in yesterday instead. Gramma came to stay with Truett and PaPaw took me to the doctor. Of course, when I got there and the nurse took my blood pressure, it was 127/70! When the doctor examined, he said everything looked good and that I didn't need to worry about my blood pressure unless I started having other systems (dizziness, seeing spots, headaches, etc...) or if it stayed over 140/90, consistently.

He also said that I am dialated 1 cm and Emma is still high and hasn't dropped yet so it doesn't look like she'll be a girl 'ahead of her time'. :) That kind of took the wind out of my sail a bit because by this time, every preggo is thinking that her water is about to break...at least I do! I guess I've just been anxious/excited/nervous about Emma's arrival. It's finally starting to dawn on me that we have no idea what to expect this time around, although we're already parents. Each kid is so different and may have different issues. I'm ASSUMING that Emma will sleep well like Truett did. I'm ASSUMING that Truett will welcome Emma with open arms and not go through any 'rebelious' stage like MOST kids do! :) WISHFUL THINKING!

Anyway, there are 13 days and counting. Until then...life as usual!


post signature

No comments: