Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Labor Day

My uncle was in town fleeing from Gustav and I think he got more than he had bargained for! Having 3 brothers and sister, plus a 2-year-old, my mom's house is never quiet, even on an average, 'nothing going on' type of day.

For Labor Day, we all got together at my mom's house for swimming and grilling. My cousin (who lives in Dallas) came with her hubby and their 3 kids and the Kingsleys came over with Peyton, Blair and Jackson. Emily showed up, too, with her friend Heather. Needless to say, it was a full house and we joked that we would have to set everyone up on rotations for the pool!

The kids had a great time and Truett LOVED playing with all of them. They swam, played, and ate all afternoon. It was a full day...full of kids, full of family, full of friends and full of NOISE! Timmy left the next day! hahah!

My grandma (Gooey) came to Dallas for a few days because our family in Thibodaux were without electricity and AC for several days. She came to Dallas to COOL OFF. Her trip was quick, but it was nice to visit with her and we're glad she's back at home...I know she's glad too!


post signature

No comments: