Monday, September 8, 2008

It's Carnival Time!

Our church had their annual carnival this weekend. After dinner with my family, we took Truett to enjoy the festivities. I have to admit that the weather was pretty great on Saturday but for an 8 1/2 month preggo like myself, I wouldn't have minded AT ALL if it had been about 20 degrees cooler!

As soon as we got to the carnival, we headed straight to the pony rides. It was the first thing Truett did last year because Jay and I were so excited about it. This year, Truett was the one really excited about it. Every once in a while, he'd throw out a little, "Hee Hah!"

He also rode the horse and buggy where he got to ride shotgun, since his Papa 'knows people'. HA!
Truett had so much fun and it was great to see him enjoy everything, although looking at the pictures, it looked as though riding the rides was some sort of punishment for him. He has reached the age where he absolute refuses to smile in pictures...IT MAKES ME CRAZY! I found myself the other day telling him that I would put him in Time Out if he didn't smile at the camera...SERIOUSLY???? hahahah!


There was a big inflatable slide that I think was our favorite part of the carnival. There was no waiting in line, it was something Truett could do on his own and it WORE HIM OUT! He'd shimmy up the slide, zoom down, jump off and ask for another ticket.


We had a good time, but I'm glad the carnival only comes to town once a year!


post signature

No comments: