Friday, June 11, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday, Truett!

My sweet boy turns 4 today and I never realized how special turning 4 really is. I never considered it one of the 'major' birthdays like 'double digits' on your 10th birthday, or turning 13 and becoming a teenager, etc.... I always kind of thought that 5 was a big one, because you start Kindergarten at 5, but there are a lot of new doors that open when you turn 4. Truett is now old enough for many extra-curricular activites, such as Taekwondo. He's now too old to 'eat for free' at many restaurants and he has now upgraded to the 'big' toys for 4+. We're hoping that THIS will be the year that he calms down and bit, but we're DEFINITELY not holding our breath! :)

Jay and I were so excited to find out we were pregnant. Jay came to every doctor's appointment with me and we were always so anxious to find out the stats on Truett's growth and development.

Truett's 30 week sonogram

I remember the day I had Truett and how excited I was that he was finally on his way. I had been up all night the Saturday before with contractions. I started timing them at 3 am and when all but 1 of my contractions were 5 minutes apart, I called the hospital at 6 am to ask if I should head on over. When I told them I wasn't experiencing the intense pain they were describing to me, they suggested I take a warm shower to help with the discomfort and come in if the shower gave me no relief. Well, 3 naps and 6 showers later, I was tired with waiting around the house, so Jay and I headed to the mall to walk around, hoping to speed things up. After 30 minutes of mall walking, I was hunched over and in tears. I remember a sales guy in one of the stores looking at me like, "Lady....you better not even THINK about popping that baby out in the store!" At that point, I told Jay that I wanted to go to the hospital, even if they sent me home!

So, we headed to the hospital, hesitant to even call our parents, thinking I'd be sent home with 'false labor'. Now, those of you who know me, know that I'm not big on drama (hahahah!) but I just knew that if I laid it on thick, they would just HAVE to admit me, even if I wasn't in labor. I mean, I could fool the baby monitors and somehow trick them, even once they examined me, right?? :)

Luckily, they examined me, found I was dialated 3 cm and my contractions were 3-5 minutes apart and admitted me.

My family showed up and all anxisouly awaited for Truett's arrival. My doctor dropped by the hospital, on the way home from the movies with his ENTIRE family (who were waiting for him in the parking lot) to break my water, which broke in the process of him getting 'suited up' for the job. :) A few hours later, after being unsuccessful at monitoring Truett's fluctuating heart rate, the doctor decided to take me in for a c-section.

Our first family photo
Truett and his VERY proud Papa
John Truett Praytor - 8 lbs. 4 oz.
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
June 2007
June 2008
June 2009
May 2010
Truett- I cannot even put into words how much we love you. You are the most creative, energetic, handsome, intelligent, and funny 4 year old I know. We are so blessed, grateful and proud that God chose us to be your parents. We hope you have an amazing birthday and look forward to the many birthdays to come. We love you so much!

post signature

No comments: