Tuesday, June 15, 2010

We Hear It's Your Birthday All Day Long!

Being that Truett was born 2 days before my mom's birthday, the last big celebration we had was 4 years ago. We actually had her party 2 weeks before, in May, because I was due with Truett the 2nd week in June. Plus, it was one of the 'big' birthdays (not telling which one) and we wanted to make it great. We did a surprise party and my grandma and aunts flew in for the party, etc....it was awesome, but like I said, the last BIG celebration we had. Truett's birthday seems to have overshadowed my mom's. :)

Each year, my mom always says not to make a big deal, and this year, she even tried to give me an 'out' for going over to her house to celebrate. Actually, I wasn't sure if she was trying to give ME an out, or if SHE was looking for an out in order to celebrate her birthday in peace! hahaha!

Anyway, we headed over to her house for dinner and cake. My dad grilled and put me in charge of the cake.

Fruit Pizza...YUM! I opted for two reasons....1. We were pretty much 'caked out' from Truett's birthday party the day before and 2. My mom likes sweets and stuff, but is pretty good about watching what she eats. Plus, if it has fruit, all calories and fat grams are automatically cancelled out, right??
The Birthday Girl -
Making a wish....
Emma enjoying some fruit pizza
Mom & Jay
Emma, PaGou & LeeLa'
Mom-
I know you're not one for being in the spotlight, but there is NO WAY we'd ever let a chance to honor you pass us by. It wasn't until I became a mom that I realized just how much you love all of us. It wasn't until I had my own children that I grasped just how much moms do and the many things they sacrifice that aren't appreciated, understood or realized. Even now that we're older, you still make sacrifices for us and give your time for us whether it's cheering us on at a baseball game, helping us fill out college applications, going to the store to make sure you have the right snacks at your house for our kids, or sending sweet letters and notes of encouragement to us in the mail. Of course, we love you and recognize the big things you do, but it's because of the little things, the things that often go unnoticed, that we have always FELT loved. Thank you for being such an amazing mom. We look forward to celebrating many, MANY more birthdays with you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!
post signature

No comments: