Thursday, June 3, 2010

Home Sweet SURPRISE!

When Jay and I got home from North Carolina, we surprised Truett with his very own 82nd Airborne Army outfit, complete with beret and personalized dog tags!


But that wasn't the only surprise we brought home....Emily and Grace both flew back with us! The only one who knew they were coming was my dad. Emily and I almost blew it a couple of times, but in the end, we were able to pull off one of the biggest surprises in our family! :)


When our plane landed in Dallas, we met my dad at Southwest Headquarters and then we all drove over to my mom's office. Click here to see the video of our 'surprise attack'. Of course, my mom left work early and we all headed to my parents' house and surprised John and Sarah!! :)

Emily and I were SO pumped about Grace meeting Truett and Emma. We couldn't wait to watch them interact with each other. It was really interesting for me to watch Emma with Grace because she seemed so much bigger. I'm so used to seeing her as 'the baby' so seeing her around Grace made me see her as an actual toddler. (sniff, sniff)

I think Emma kept going back and forth between feeling like she was a big girl and feeling a bit jealous. She couldn't decide if she wanted to be the one PUSHING the stroller or the one RIDING in it. hahaha!

Emma reading to Grace
Not sure if this face is because I wouldn't stop taking pictures or because it seems as though Grace might be trying to grab the book!
Emma was a little confused, at first, as to why Grace was sucking on "her" pacifier! :)
Truett and Emma were both so great with Grace. Truett loved holding her and helping out with giving her a bottle.

Emma would constantly get in her face and say, "Heeey, Gace!"
Grace usually seemed perfectly content with hanging with the two of them.
Maw Maw even flew in to meet Grace
Four Generation Photo

Maw Maw & Emma
Uncle Jay reading to Emma & Grace
LeeLa' and Grace having sweet dreams
Emma & Uncle John

LeeLa' and Grace

LeeLa', Grace & Truett

LeeLa', Grace & Emma
Grace and her beatiful mom!
Grace & Nannie
We had so much fun with Emily and Grace. It was definitely hard to say good bye, but in a few more weeks they'll be back and this time, Michael will be with them!!!

post signature

No comments: