Saturday, December 20, 2008

Going on a Sleigh Ride

This year, Mr. Eddie (Jay and Truett's barber) decided to do horse and carriage rides through some of the bigger neighborhoods in Coppell. Praytor Landscape was one of the sponsors of it, so Jay arranged for us to go on a carriage with the Praytors the day that we celebrated Christmas with them.
It was a great ride. Jay, Truett, Emma, Gramma and PaPaw all rode together in one carriage and Uncle Jim, Aunt Stephy and Dakota rode together in the other carriage.
Earlier that day, Truett and Gramma decorated gingerbread man cookies, and Truett brought one with him for the carriage ride. At one point, I think the only reason Truett was keeping his eyes opened was to eat his cookie!
After about 20 minutes on the carriage, I looked at Truett and his eyes were GLASSY, to say the least. I said to him, "Truett, if you're tired, it's okay if you want to go to sleep." Before I could catch my next breath, he was sound asleep!
We enjoyed the rest of the carriage ride and then headed home. It really was a beautiful night and something I am so glad that we did. Thanks, Mr. Eddie!!
These are the only pictures I got of the first sleigh ride. It was about 30 degrees outside and just way too cold to take pictures.
Truett and Emma WIPED OUT after a wonderful day of Christmas celebration with Gramma and PaPaw!
post signature

No comments: