Sunday, December 21, 2008

Say, "Snack!"

After our train ride to the North Pole, we headed back to Jay's mom and dad's house for lunch. We had decided to just do sandwiches for lunch because we were having our pictures taken in the afternoon. We tried to feed Truett and then put him down for a nap, but after an hour Truett was still wide-eyed and bushy-tailed. Even if he had gone to sleep right then and there, we would have had to wake him up in an hour for pictures. Sometimes waking him up from a nap is WORSE than him having no nap at all.

So, we decided to forego the nap and keep our fingers crossed that he'd be compliant during picture time.

Now, Truett's personality is such that if you tell him to do one thing, he does the other. It's very hard to get good pictures of him because as soon as you pick up the camera, he stops doing whatever it was that was cute enough to make me want to take a picture in the first place. This contrary attitude of Truett's has been known to bring me to tears before! :)

Anyway, pictures with a professional were no different. Truett kept putting his hand in his mouth, picking his nose, rolling on the ground, etc...FUN. At one point, he was acting up and the photographer looked at me like, "I really want to get a picture of this but am afraid that you will be offended if I take a picture of your child acting like a toot!" I smiled and told her to shoot away!

Of course, there were times when she wanted to get a picture of Truett by himself and you would have thought he had some sort of model training because he would actually strike a pose for her. The group pictures, on the other hand, were a dfferent story. That's when he was rolling around, etc...Plus, when we told him to, "Say 'cheese'!", he said, "No! I have to say, 'Snack!'"

I'm really hoping she got at least a few good shots. She took some of just Jay and me with the kids, so we may have gotten our first family photo...keeping my fingers crossed. I'll be sure to post some pics of the delightful event as soon as we get them back.

post signature

No comments: