Saturday, December 13, 2008

SANTA???? I Know Him!!!

I'm sitting here writing this post and thinking that I'll post the pics from last year that Truett took with Santa and I realize that I don't think we took Truett to see Santa last year! I was teaching last year, so I know I didn't have time during the day to go and since Truett had his picture taken with Santa at school, I think Jay and I decided against fighting the long lines at the mall with all the other working parents. I think now would be a good time to thank my hubby for all his hard work that allows me to stay at home with our kids! :)

Truett with Santa in 2006...I love this picture so much because Truett is looking at Santa like he is just the most amazing person he's ever seen. So sweet!
Anyway, this week, Jay has had his guys working on the playground at our house for Truett (keep an eye out for future posts!). It's been really great because there have been a couple of days where Jay has taken Truett with him, allowing me to get caught up on some things. One of the best things was that Jay and I were home together during the day, so we decided to take Truett and Emma up to Vista Ridge Mall on Wednesday to see Santa. We took Truett when he was 6 months old and it was great. Like I mentioned earlier, we didn't take him last year, but being it's Emma's first Christmas, we had to go, crowds or no crowds.
Emma anxiously awaiting to meet Santa for the first time.
Truett anxiously awaiting to meet Santa.
Fortunately, when we got to the mall, there were only 2 people ahead of us waiting to see Santa. Truett was so fired up, especially given the fact that the 'scenery' consisted of all the characters from the old Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer movie that Truett has watched at least once a week since he got it for Christmas LAST YEAR! Everytime the Abominable Snowman popped out of the top of the mountain, Truett would yell, "THE NORTH POLE!!!!!!"
Truett with Sam the Talking Snowman
Truett with Rudolph and Rudolph's 'lady friend'.
The little girl in front of us wasn't too happy to see Santa and was crying the entire time. I really felt bad for her mom and at that point started telling myself that I wasn't going to stress out if Emma or Truett cried. I think I've started getting used to the fact that I'm not always going to get a perfect picture, but at least I've captured the 'moment'.

Once they were through, they told us it would be a minute because the mom was going to try to calm the little girl down and do it again. This actually turned out to be a bonus for us because it gave Truett some one-on-one time with Santa.

He walked right up to Santa and started talking to him. Santa picked him up and put him on his lap and the two of them sat there chatting for about 5 minutes. I would have LOVED to hear the ear-full that Truett was giving Santa!

I loved the fact that Jay got this shot...it reminds me so much of the first picture Truett took with Santa...still in awe of the man in the red suit!

This look on Truett's face is one we're very familar with. Truett said something to Santa that Santa didn't understand and Santa repeated back to Truett what he THOUGHT he said. Truett is now trying to correct Santa!
Then, it was time for us to put Emma into the mix and have our picture taken. I was a little worried because while waiting, Emma had started to get a little hungry. Luckily, when I took her pacifier out, she just sucked on her hands...I'll take it! The lady taking the picture kept trying to 'hint' to me to take Emma's hands out of her mouth...LISTEN, LADY! If it's between crying, a huge pink Soothie in her mouth or her sucking her hands in her FIRST EVER Santa picture...GUESS which one I'm taking?!?!? :) Ahhh...the Christmas spirit!

Truett getting in one last request...Perhaps he was putting in a good word for Emma!
All in all, I was very pleased with our picture and I can't wait to see what Santa brings for Truett and Emma this year!

post signature

No comments: