Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Little Ragweed Baby

If there was one thing I could have chosen to NEVER pass on to my kids, I would have to say it would either be my weakness for baked goods :) or my HORRIBLE allergies. Emma has been congested for the past few days and I thought it was maybe a cold. She hadn't had fever and wasn't cranky or anything but I could tell she wasn't feeling 'good' because her appetite had decreased and I could hear how stopped up her little nose was.
I decided to take her to the doctor this morning (our pediatrician just so happens to also specialize in pediatric allergies) and as soon as I told him her symptoms, he confirmed that it was allergies and not a cold. BOOOOOO!

For now Emma will be on a saline nose spray/nose pump routine right along with her mama! We'll be saline it and nose pumping it 3-4 times a day for the next 4 weeks (supposedly that's when 'allergy season'/ragweed will clear up). The doctor sucked out the funk that was in her nose this morning and she seemed to get some relief from that. She fed really well for her following feeding, so hopefully that means her appetite is returning.

Perhaps she'll be spared from the Krispy Kreme curse! :)

post signature

No comments: