Sunday, October 26, 2008

Peter, Peter Pumpkin Eater

Jay and I took Truett and Emma to the Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch yesterday. The past couple of years, we've just gone to the smaller pumpkin patch in Coppell, but decided that Truett was old enough to really enjoy the big pumpkin patch. So, we loaded up the truck and headed out. When we pulled up, we were almost immediately overwhelmed because apparently EVERYBODY's kids were 'old enough to enjoy the big pumpkin patch'! Jay and I took a deep breath and went in with guns blazin'! :) Actually, once we found a parking spot and started walking around, we realized it wasn't NEARLY as chaotic as it appeared. The people who put this shindig on have it down to a science and despite the massive crowds, things ran pretty smoothly.

I noticed right away that the Pumpkin Patch was nothing but anticipatory parents hoping to get the perfect shot of their little Halloween 'treats' all dolled up in either sweet little costumes or pumpkin outfits. Of course, Jay and I were no exception! Here is the "perfect shot" we managed to get...the best one out of 10 shots!


Here was Emma in true "Emma fashion"...sound asleep through the whole thing!


We started at the bounce houses and giant slide...always favorites of Truett's. Jay and I were cracking up because as I was nervously looking around to make sure Truett was in the "4 and under" aged bounce house (don't want him getting trampled by the big kids!), and the whole time, Truett was in there tackling all of the little kids. I guess the past 2 years of tackling and playing with his Uncle John has led Truett to believe that he is a 13 year old boy! :)


After the bounce houses and giant slides, we headed to the pumpkin patch to find the perfect pumpkin. I thought the pumpkin right in the middle of this picture was it, but Jay and Truett had other ideas. I can't wait until Emma is old enough to get a vote because 2 boys against 1 girl just doesn't get me the results I'm usually looking for.

Truett finally decided on a big pumpkin for our house, in addition to a small pumpkin for himself and a smaller one for Emma. Jay goes to the cashier to pay for the pumpkins and she tells him that the big pumpkin that we chose costs $36... A PUMPKIN!

So, here are Truett and Emma with their little pumpkins. :) We'll be going to the grocery store today to purchase our "$4.99 with Reward Card" pumpkin at Tom Thumb!


As we wrapped up our pumpkin purchase, we headed over to the other side of the patch where all of the wooden characters are. By this time, Truett was thirsty and worn out, and pretty much over it. He did manage to hug his favorite Backyardigan buddies and climb in and out of a fire truck, but other than that, he was pumpkinned out!

Fireman Truett
Bob the Builder...Yes we can!

Truett showing some love to the Backyardigans...Uniqua, Austin & Tyrone

Papa and Truett...witch and scarecrow

All-in-all, the pumpkin patch was pretty successful and we will definitely head out there again next year. Hopefully I'll get better pics next year, but to end this blog, I'll post one last 'perfect picture' that was taken by some lady at the 'patch'. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my husband for telling me how cute I look, despite the obvious truth! He could have at least told me to do something with my hair! :) hahahahah!


Happy Halloween!

No comments: