Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Praytor Party of Four!

Well, we're all home and have started getting settled in with Emma. Truett has pretty much been on ''vacation" since Emma was born. Last night was only the 2nd night since Emma's arrival, that he has slept at our house. My parents and Jay's parents have been so amazing. Jay and I are definitely spoiled because we know there are so many couples out there who don't have the luxury of having the help from 2 sets of parents! It was nice to be able to come home and rest and focus on getting Emma situated but it was time for Truett to come home. I think he was ready, too! He was great last night. Of course, we still had our usual battles with him...he wanted to eat a snack instead of eating supper, he didn't want to take a bath or a shower because he told me, "I not dirty right now.", he wanted to sleep in our bed instead of getting into his bed. Now that I think about it, maybe he wasn't so great last night...maybe I just missed him that much! :)

Truett has been so great with Emma. I was so worried about him acting out against her or being mad that she was here, but he absolutely ADORES her. Every time he walks by her, he stops, pets her head or her face and says, "Hi, Emma!" Then, he immediately turns to us and says, "Let me hold her." The entire time he holds her, he just stares at her and gigggles. It is so sweet to see them together.
This morning, Jay was getting ready for work and I was getting Truett's clothes together to dress him for school. I walked into our bedroom and found Truett rocking Emma's bassinet and singing 'Rock-a-Bye Baby' to her. When I walked over to the bassinet, I found that Truett had gone into Emma's room and got the baby doll that HE had picked out for her a few weeks agao at the store and had put it next to her in her bassinet. VERY SWEET!

Truett has Open House tonight at his school from 6:00 - 6:45 and Emma's staying with my mom. I'm really glad this is something that Jay and I can do with just Truett and have it be all about him. I'm excited to have some alone time with Truett, even if just for 45 minutes.

post signature

No comments: