Thursday, October 16, 2008

Parents are Liars!

This post is kind of lenghty and there are no pics, but I wanted to 'document' our trip to the doctor! :)

Jay and I took Truett to the doctor yesterday to get his annual flu shot. Jay and I also got them because little Emma is considered high-risk, being that 0-6 month olds can't get the flu shot. So, we get to the dr.'s office and Jay and I start talking up the shot like it's a trip to Disney and Truett is the luckiest boy in the world to be getting it. Poor thing...he fell for it hook, line and sinker. I think he thought he had hit the jackpot!

The nurse brought us back to the exam room and tells us she's going to give Jay and I our shots first so Truett can see us get them and see that it's not a big deal. Yeah, well, I'm not big on needles or pain and although the needle didn't hurt, the vaccination itself did sting. But, again, Jay and I both acted like it was the most awesome experience ever!

Truett was sitting on Jay's lap and the nurse said, "Okay, are you read?" Truett, with a big smile on his face said, "YES!" Yeah, well, she stuck him and the smile immediately turned into a look of horror and shock as in, "What in God's name just happened????" Jay and I instantly start clapping and high fiving Truett and all the while, he's gazing at us with this confused look on his face like, "Are you serious?" But, our big boy never even cried and soon forgot about the horrible lie we had told him once he got a cup filled with gummy bears from the nurse.

Emma also had an appointment with the nurse...not for a flu shot, but for her 'Biggest Loser' weigh in. When she was born, she weighed 9 lbs., 2 oz. When we left the hospital, she was down to 8 lbs., 7 oz. When we brought her in for her 1 week check up last week, she was down, again, to 8 lbs., 3 oz. I was worried that the doctor would tell me I had to start supplimenting with formula. He wasn't too concerned about the weight loss, but told us to bring her in yesterday to check her weight again. When the nurse weighed her, she was 8 lbs., 13 oz.! She had gained 10 oz. in a week...yeah!!!! So, looks like we're on the right track. Don't know why Jay and I ever doubted the appetite of a child of ours! :)

post signature

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Y'all are awful! Poor Truett! :) I was cracking up just picturing his poor face when he felt that needle, and then y'all high-fiving and clapping! That is great! I can't wait to hear how he reacts to his next series of shots! Too funny!!!!!